Wednesday, November 11, 2009

DMZ

Dad and Adam at the Third Tunnel. They don't allow kids in the tunnel so I waited with Jonathan while they walked the tunnel. I am glad I didn't because everyone that came back was sweating.
Jonathan thought these little guys outside The Third tunnel were cute.
Here is a picture looking out at North Korea. They are very strict on where you can take pictures. There is a yellow line that you can take pictures from.


This is the last train station in South Korea. It is currently not being used, but it is beautiful. They built it in hopes of a unified Korea one day. They would then connect the railway to allow Koreans to travel all the way to Europe by train. They even had customs building and other facilities just in case they reunite one day.


Adam and Jonathan as Freedom Bridge. The ribbons each have messages from visitors. Some have hopes of reuinting with their families in North Korea and some have wishes of peace one day.

On Tuesday, my birth family signed us up for an English guided DMZ tour. It consisted of seeing 4 different area's: Unification Village, The Third Tunnel, Freedom Bridge, and Dorason Station. It was a really interesting tour and our guide Sophie was great. When I was in Korea in 1997, we only went to Panmunjom so this was all new to me as well.

No comments: